550 Vertical Spindle Dough Mixer
The 550 is a multi-purpose vertical spindle batch mixer with removable tubs. It is suitable for all types of biscuit dough, especially where a gentle mixing action is required.
Wheeled mixing tubs are charged with ingredients, either by hand or from a semi-automatic tub filling system. The tubs are loaded into the mixer and raised up to the twin vertical spindle blades for thorough mixing. After mixing, the tub is lowered and wheeled away to either a tub tilt or a fermentation room.
Versatile Process Suitable For Many Doughs
- Handles a full range of hard and soft biscuit doughs
- Minimal changeover time between different dough types
- Suited to sponge and dough type processes where two mixings and a fermentation period are required
Hygienic and Easy to Maintain
- All drive and control components are clear off the floor
- Minimum number of components
- Tub must be present and raised before the mixer can operate
- Blades will not turn unless covered by tub, and stop automatically when tub is lowered
Simple to Operate
- Controls consist of:
- Raise / lower controls for tub
- Stop / start for the beaters
- Timer for optimum control over final mix
Typical mixing times and batch sizes (including loading and unloading the tubs from the machine) range from 15 minutes and 550kg for soft dough to 45 minutes and 475kg for very hard dough.
Batch size: 550kg (soft) 475kg (hard)
Beater Speed: 25 rpm
Main Drive Motor: 22.5kW to IP44
Bowl Tilt Motor: 2.2kW reversible
Mixer Frame: unitary construction – heavy steel plate
Dough tub: fabricated in heavy gauge mild steel
Electricity: AC 3 phase with neutral
Totally enclosed safety gates
Data Sheet: 550VS Dough Mixer
Brochure: Biscuits, Cookies, Crackers, Bars & Snacks
Baker Perkins offers facilities for customers to develop new products and processes, produce samples for test marketing, and conduct feasibility trials.